Tyrion Lannister is the youngest child of Tywin, Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West, and Joanna. He is mockingly called ‘The Imp’ and ‘The Halfman’. He uses his wit and intellect to overcome the prejudice he faces as a dwarf. He accepts himself as he is, and has learned to use his wits to out talk and out think the bad people. His intelligence, excellent education and mind for strategies make up for his dwarfism.
He is one of my favourite characters in the show and Peter Dinklage plays the character perfectly.
- “Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t.”You are who you are, and if you cannot change it, make it your strength. Tyrion has come to terms with his shortcomings and japes about his dwarfism do not affect him any longer. Your strengths can never be used to hurt you. Remember that.
- “I have a realistic grasp of my own strengths and weaknesses. My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind… and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”Know your strengths and hone them. Do not waste time weeping for something that you do not have. Every person is good at something that the other might be bad at or vice versa. Find your qualities and work on them.
- “As I said, I was young and stupid.”
Tyrion’s experience of first love wasn’t pleasant. His father annulled his marriage to prostitute, Tysha, and ever since he has reciprocated Lord Tywin’s hatred with equal vigour. Although he is still hurt, but he doesn’t let himself be overcome with grief or hatred. So learn from your mistakes, think about how stupid you were, and then move on. Fast.
- “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things.”Be kind to the above mentioned.
- “I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.”
Always pay your debts. 😉
Who is your favourite Game of Thrones character?